Our English Programmes
Students travelling independently or with a group can choose to experience English family life for themselves or to stay in residential accommodation at prestigious Oundle School or uniquely a combination of both experiences. Please contact us for further details.
What does an Antler Languages English Programme include?
Young students aged between 10 and 17 are invited to study with us. Our English Programmes are planned very carefully, are highly enjoyable and our very competitive course fees are fully inclusive. Our courses are focused on English tuition with professional, experienced teachers who are all native speakers and very experienced. We use Cambridge English course materials in the classroom. We offer a wide variety of activities during the afternoons and interesting trips to famous English cities such as London, Cambridge and Oxford.
Our activities include:
- 16 to 20 hours of English classes (up to 15 students per class) with English PGCE, CELTA or Cert TESOL qualified and experienced teachers
- Oxford University Placement Testing
- Speaking and Pronunciation Workshops
- Activities with local English children
- Attending an English School
- Interviews with local people
- Drama workshops
- Cookery competitions
- Raft Building
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea
- Writing and publishing on Social Media
- Sight-seeing trips to London, Cambridge, Oxford, Stamford, York and the North Norfolk coast
- Leisure Activities: kayaking; horse-riding; skateboarding, scooters and BMX park; abseiling; Escape Room challenge; tennis; rounders, cricket and football, fashion show; karaoke competition; cinema: ten-pin bowling, bug hunting and orienteering
Stay with an English Family
We arrange accommodation personally for each student with one of our carefully selected Home stay hosts who are all native speakers. They guarantee a very warm and caring welcome and will encourage you child to join in with family life for the duration of their stay. Many of our students choose to return and stay with the same English family each year. This very special experience offers lots of important language practice as well as helping to develop overall personal confidence.
Combined Residential and Home Stay English Programmes
In Oundle, during July as part of our three week Summer English Programmes, we offer a residential study experience staying in prestigious accommodation, provided by Oundle School. This is a popular and fantastic way of making new friends. We include a hot breakfast, a freshly cooked or packed lunch for day trips, and dinner. Our comprehensive programme offers evening activities led by our English teachers or socialising with English children. Our Course Director and Antler team supervises the students.